Phentermine Resin is also known by its brand name Ionamin. This is a sympathomimetic amine anorectic agent. In 1995, this was introduced as part of an anti-obesity combination drug.
This prescription is used by certain overweight people. It is to help you lose weight along with a doctor-approved exercise and behavior change. Losing weight and keeping it off may lessen many health risks that come with obesity like:
- Heart disease
- High blood pressure
- Shorter life
How does Phentermine Resin work?
Phentermine Resin works by decreasing your appetite and increases the amount of energy used by your body. This also affects certain parts of the brain. It stimulates the release of brain chemicals that will control your mind to control your appetite. Therefore, you will feel full and eat less.
This drug is a sympathomimetic amine with pharmacologic activity the same with the other drug used in obesity. The actions may include central nervous system stimulation and elevation of blood pressure.
Why use Phentermine Resin?
Phentermine Resin is the active ingredient of Ionamin. This belongs to the class of medications called sympathomimetic amines. This is also considered as an appetite suppressant. Phentermine Resin comes as capsules with the strengths of 15 mg and 30 mg for oral use. The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has approved this anti-obesity drug.
How to use Phentermine Resin?
This is to be taken by mouth usually once a day. It may be an hour before or 2 hours after breakfast. Your doctor may adjust your dose to take a small dose up to 3 times daily if needed. Follow the instructions of your doctor carefully.
The recommended dosage is based on your condition and response. Remember to take it at the same time every day. Take it exactly as it is prescribed.
What are the side-effects of Phentermine Resin?
- Difficulty sleeping or insomnia
- Dry mouth or unpleasant taste in the mouth
- Increased or decreased interest in sex
Warnings and Precautions
- This is not recommended in children 16 years of age and younger.
- Tell your doctor if you have any allergies before using this medicine.
- You should stop breastfeeding while taking this drug.
- If you are pregnant, consult your doctor first.
- Use this with caution if you have kidney disease or elevated pressure in the lungs.
- Do not twice the prescribed dosage to avoid some other complications.
- Keep this away from heat, moisture, and reach of children.