Acetylcysteine Effervescent Tablets (Cetylev) is used to treat acetaminophen overdose. This helps prevent damage to your liver that is caused by taking large quantities for acetaminophen. This is an N-acetyl derivative of the naturally-occurring amino acid (cysteine).
Why use Acetylcysteine Effervescent Tablets (Cetylev)?
Acetylcysteine Effervescent Tablets (Cetylev) is acetaminophen antidotes that will help your body preserve a substance that helps detoxify the liver. This is a white crystalline powder that is freely soluble in water and alcohol. Cetylev is practically insoluble in chloroform. This medicine is approved by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA). You can buy this here at its very affordable price.
How does Acetylcysteine Effervescent Tablets (Cetylev) work?
Acetylcysteine Effervescent Tablets (Cetylev) has been shown to reduce the extent of liver injury following acetaminophen overdose. Acetaminophen doses of greater than have been associated with hepatotoxicity or 150mg/kg. This medication protects the liver by restoring or maintaining the glutathione levels. This can be also as an alternate substrate for conjugation with detoxification. It is of the reactive metabolite of acetaminophen.
How to use Acetylcysteine Effervescent Tablets (Cetylev)?
The recommended dosage of this treatment depends on your condition, age, and weight. Follow your doctor’s dosing instruction very carefully. Take this by mouth, usually every 4 hours for the prescribed number of doses. Dissolve the given dosage in water. Once it is already dissolved, drink the solution right away. Inform your doctor if vomit within an hour after taking the medicine. Take it at the same time each day.
What are the side-effects of Acetylcysteine Effervescent Tablets (Cetylev)?
These are the possible side-effects that may occur while using this medicine:
- Stomach pain
- Severe abdominal or stomach pain
- Severe dizziness
- Trouble breathing
- Serious allergic reactions (itching, rash, swelling)
If these side effects persist or worsen, call your doctor right away.
Warnings and Precautions
- Before taking this medication, inform your doctor if you have any medical history.
- Tell also to your doctor if you have any allergies or current medications.
- This medication contains sodium. If you are on a salt-restricted diet, talk to your doctor first.
- Consult your doctor if you are pregnant, planning to get pregnant or breastfeeding women.
- Do not share this with others.
- Do not twice the dose to catch up if you miss it.
- Store at room temperature and away from the moisture.
- Keep your medications away from the reach of children or pets.