Ambrisentan Tablets (Letairis) is used for the treatment of high blood pressure in the lungs. It is also known as pulmonary arterial hypertension. This condition is thought to be caused by an increased level of a certain natural substance. This also prevents the thickening of the blood vessels.
How does Ambrisentan Tablets (Letairis) work?
Ambrisentan tablets work by blocking endothelin. It is an element made by the body. Endothelin reasons the blood vessels to constrict or narrow. It also causes unusual development of the muscle in the walls of the blood vessels in the lungs. This reduction increases the force necessary to push the blood through the lungs to get oxygen.
Why use Ambrisentan Tablets (Letairis)?
Ambrisentan Tablets (Letairis) is an endothelin receptor antagonist. This treatment blocks the effects of endothelin-1. In that way, this helps:
- Improve your ability to exercise
- Lessen the blood pressure in the lungs
- Slow the worsening of symptoms
This medication is approved by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA). You can buy this here at its very affordable price.
How to use Ambrisentan Tablets (Letairis)?
This medication is to be taken by mouth with or without a meal. This is usually taken once a day. Do not break the tablets. Swallow it as a whole. Use this regularly and directed by your doctor. The recommended dosage for this treatment will depend on your:
- Medical condition
- Response to the treatment
- And other current medications you are taking
What are the side-effects of Ambrisentan Tablets (Letairis)?
These are the possible side effects that may occur while using this treatment:
- Stuffy and runny nose
- Sinus pain
- Stomach or abdominal pain
- Sore throat
- Extreme tiredness
- Trouble breathing
- Fast heartbeat
If these side effects continue or worsen, call your doctor right away.
Warnings and Precautions
Here are the things that you need to be watchful with while having this treatment:
- Consult first your doctor if you are pregnant or breastfeeding women.
- Inform your doctor if you have any medical history, current medications, or allergies.
- Do not stop using this medication without consulting.
- Do not share this with others who have the same symptoms as yours.
- Keep this away from the direct sunlight/heat and the reach of children/pets.
- Keep this at a dry and clean place to avoid contaminations.