Lots of adults are spending more time at home. To prevent from being bored, there are lots of things you can do to make sure you feel well in body and mind. Read our tips here;
Immune Booster Foods
Having a healthy diet is helpful to keep your immune system working well. Pandemic is a great time to enjoy eating a range of healthy foods. This is also a good time to use up food that lurks just at the back of your cupboards. If you are not used to cooking with some of your available ingredients, try to use them and track down the right recipe;
- Old oats could be a healthy pudding with some blackberry or apple oat crumble recipe. You may switch the berries and apple for any fresh, tinned, or frozen fruit.
- Tinned fish can make easy pasta sauces and toppings got salads or sandwiches.
- Boxes of soup are delightful meals just add some rice, noodles, or excess vegetables to make the meal go extra.
- Fruits and vegetables rich in vitamins A, B, C, D, and zinc.
- Avoid eating unhealthy foods and processed foods.
- Instead of picking up any snacks, you can slice some fruits or crunchy carrots leave it inside your refrigerator, and grab some if you want some snacks.
- Drink more water than usual. Be hydrated.
- Limit alcohol intake or if possible avoid drinking it.
- Quit smoking if you are doing it.
Going Out To Buy Food
You are permitted to go out for food and essentials unless you need to;
- Shield if you are in a vulnerable group because of an existing health condition
- Self-isolate because you or someone in your household has symptoms of the coronavirus disease
If you aren’t allowed to go out, you can ask for a friend or a family member to shop for you and drop the shopping off. You can also try online shopping. Some supermarkets are giving priorities to older and vulnerable ones for online deliveries.
Extra Help At Home
If you need support and you’re at high risk of being infected with coronavirus, you can look for support online. Some provide volunteers who can help. They can help and deliver to you what you need. If you have any medications for your underlying condition, you may also ask them to buy for you and deliver it to your doorstep. Make sure you have enough supply for your medications.
Going Out For A Walk
Being physically active helps your overall well-being. Exercise helps boost the immune system. It can also help your mood and avoid putting you on weight while staying much time at home than usual. Physical activity manages the condition of your heart, lets you feel more able to do everyday activities, and reduces your risk of future strokes or heart attacks.
Certain places are already permitting people to go out for exercise or a walk. A daily jog or walk will mean you get some fresh air and a change of scene. Just make sure you are practicing health protocols such as physical distancing.