Butisol (Butabarbital Sodium) is indicated during periods of anxiety or before surgery. This medication will help you calm by affecting some certain parts of the brain. This is a non-selective central nervous system depressant which is used as a hypnotic or sedative.
How does Butisol (Butabarbital Sodium) work?
Butisol (Butabarbital Sodium) destroys the spread of seizure activity in the limbic systems, cortex, and thalamus. Overall, a no selective depressant effect occurs throughout the CNS. It is due to a less in both pre- and postsynaptic excitability. The sedative-hypnotic effects of this are connected to its inhibition of ascending transmission in the reticular formation. In which it controls CNS arousal. This inhibition results in
- depression of the sensory cortex
- altered cerebral function
- decreased motor activity
- And production of sedation, drowsiness, and hypnosis.
In the motor cortex, Butisol raises the onset of electrical stimulation. It contributes to its anticonvulsant properties. It has been suggested that the anticonvulsant and above sedative-hypnotic effects of barbiturates may be due to their ability to mimic. It is through the inhibitory synaptic action of gamma-aminobutyric acid.
Why use Butisol (Butabarbital Sodium)?
Butisol (Butabarbital Sodium) belongs to the class of medications known as barbiturate hypnotics. Barbiturates are respiratory depressants. This is available for oral administration as tablets containing 30mg or 50mg Butabarbital Sodium. The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has approved this medication already.
How to use Butisol (Butabarbital Sodium)?
The recommended dosage for this treatment depends on your condition and response. If you are taking this for insomnia, take this only when you are getting ready to sleep at least during 7-8 hours. You may fall asleep very quickly after taking the medicine. If you are taking this for surgery, this is usually given 60-90 minutes before the start of surgery. Follow very carefully the instructions of your doctor.
What are the side-effects of Butisol (Butabarbital Sodium)?
- dry or peeling skin, Mild rash
Call your doctor right away if these occur:
- Hallucinations, confusions, unusual thoughts
- Rapid breathing or gasping for breath
- Feeling light-headed, extreme drowsiness, or fainting
- Slow heart rate, weak or shallow breathing
- Feeling restless or irritable, overactive reflexes, severe agitation or nervous feeling
Warnings and Precautions
- This is not prescribed if you have porphyria.
- You should not take this if you are allergic to it.
- Do not stop or change the dosage without consulting.
- Keep this at room temperature away from heat and moisture.