We know that the virus spreads from the respiratory droplets of an infected person. We also know that the virus can spread even without showing any symptoms. People can also get the infection by touching surfaces where the virus is and touching their mouth, nose, or eyes. A simple disinfectant can kill it. To give everyone a helping hand, we compiled some tips here to help keep it out of your home.
Simple hygiene measures can help protect the health of your family and everyone else’s. Here’s what you can do;
- Don’t touch your face: Avoid touching your mouth, nose, and eyes.
- Don’t sneeze or cough into your hands: You need to cover your nose and mouth with a tissue or your elbow when sneezing or coughing.
- Keep a distance: For at least 1 meter, maintain a distance from other people.
- Wear your face mask: If the infection is widespread in your area, the face mask must be worn in all public places.
- Monitor your health: This needs to be done daily. You need to be alert for any symptoms of COVID-19 in yourself and your family. If you develop any symptoms, contact your local health authorities and stay at home except to get medical care.
- Wash your hands: This is one of the important things to do right now. Washing of hands is our best line of defense. Do this frequently
- Hand sanitizers: Make sure that this contains at least 60% of alcohol. If you use hand sanitizer, ensure that you put enough amount to cover all parts of the hands. Rub your hands together until it feels dry.
CLEANING AROUND THE HOME
Disinfecting and cleaning high-touch surfaces in your home often are an important precaution to lower the risk of infection. Follow cleaning product guidelines for safe and effective use. Several national authorities have made lists of suggested products for use against COVID-19.
High-Touch Surfaces To Disinfect And Clean
Each home is not the same but common high-touch surfaces may include:
- Door handles
- Bathroom and kitchen surfaces
- Light switches
- Mobile phones
- Remote controls
- Favorite toys
If any of these surfaces are dirty, first clean them with detergent and water. Then, use a disinfectant product containing bleach or alcohol. In various places, it can be hard to find disinfectant wipes or sprays. In such cases, continue to clean with water and soap. On some surfaces, you may also use diluted household bleach solutions.
How To Disinfect
As soon as you have used or applied it to a surface, it is very important not to wipe cleaning solutions off. There are several disinfectant products such as sprays and wipes that must need to remain wet on a surface. It may be for several minutes for it to be effective. That’s why it is very important to always read the instructions to ensure that you are using the products as suggested. It will also help you prevent damaging some sensitive items like mobile phones or other electronic devices. Consider using wipeable covers for electronics.