Hereditary Hemorrhagic Telangiectasia (HHT) is a blood vessel issue. It’s a problem in which blood vessels do not develop properly. If a person has an HHT it will produce blood without the capillaries. (Tiny blood vessels which allow the passage of blood from arteries and veins) that is present in veins and arteries. Humans maybe also affected by this condition. If the HHT was discovered early many treatments are used to cure HHT. Having this condition has no cure at all.
SIGNS AND SYMPTOMS OF HHT
These signs may give you a clue that you have this kind of disease if you’re having:
- Bleeding of Nose / Nosebleeds
- Visible telangiectasia
- Shortness of breath
- Blood in stool
- Migraine headaches
- Exercise tolerance
Bleeding people with HHT are at increased risk for bleeding and thrombosis. Bleeding problems may lead from any location where telangiectasia and AVMs is found. The most established form of bleeding in HHT person is epistaxis, which can be served and recurrent.
The doctor will suggest them a diagnostic test. It is to know if there is a disease in their body. These are the tips on how you will diagnose your HHT:
- Recurrent unknown nosebleed reason
- A family history of a family member with HHT
- Internal AVMs your lung, liver, brain, spine
- Visible telangiectases on your lips, fingers, mouth, and inside of your mouth
Preventive Screening and Treatment for HHT is the most effective way of preventing HHT. It is to have an early screening test for brain and lung.
- Preventive Screening and Treatment for HHT – screening the brain and lung vascular malformations. It is the most concerned steps in preventing HHT.
- Treatments to control nose bleeding (Epistaxis) – This kind of treatment is nasal humidification and lubrication. This two is essential to life. But if this is not effective, the specialist will use a laser surgery.
- Treatment to control Gastrointestinal Bleeding – destroying the blood vessels
- Treatment for anemia – manage with iron replacement
- Treatment for Pulmonary Arteriovenous malformations – The doctor will use the embolization process. It will allow the coil to help block the mal-formations.
- Treatment for liver complication – this kind of treatment will use surgery, occlusion, and radio surgery.
- Treatment for brain vascular malformation – vascular malformation may affect your liver. In fact, it require the treatment only if they cause severe liver dysfunction or heart failure. A liver transplant may be the best treatment for this kind of cases.